Jan 11, 2014

Catching up!

I've not posted much on here lately so I think I'll pinch a bunch of posts from Facebook to make up for it! I'm doing this mostly because I just made a recipe booklet that'll go out to the folks (you know who you are) who bought our lamb and included the blog address in the contact info.

Poster advertising our lamb. I posted this on Facebook and at work. We were able to sell 7 out of 9  lambs (we're keeping two) very quickly which makes me believe the local food movement is alive and well.

Tried to enlist Esther's help for mail delivery during the holiday parcel madness. Didn't work.

Pre-Christmas stars and decorations. It's been an exceptionally cold winter here but with sunny skies in the day and clear nights like this one its difficult to complain.



Raising kids on a sheep/llama/alpaca farm makes me think we may need to have a 'talk' about glosettes and bridge mix.


Our up to date version of "Making Boreal Birch Syrup". The old version has about 16,000 views so I'm hoping this one garners as much attention over the years! This newer version shows how we use reverse osmosis now as well as different tapping, collection and filtration methods.


Here's how we clean blueberries now. It's so much easier than picking all the garbage out bit by bit!